Add .dlls assembly to the gac os OSX

johnHolmes
Hi,

I've got a bunch of .dlls that I need to reference on severals projects in Xamarin.Android. There is a main assembly which depends from other assemblies. I think a good way to achive this is to add ALL those assemblies into the GAC. I'm currently working on a Mac.

Do I need to strong name the assemblies right? How can I do this? How can I install then the assemblies into the GAC?

After installing the assemblies into the GAC, Am I able to see them in the "references" list?  I've read somewhere that to enlist my assemblies into the references list I need to create a "package".

Some one can help me?

thanks

Re: Add .dlls assembly to the gac os OSX

Jonathan Pryor-2
On Sep 18, 2013, at 9:42 AM, Francesco Colombo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've got a bunch of .dlls that I need to reference on severals projects in Xamarin.Android. There is a main assembly which depends from other assemblies. I think a good way to achive this is to add ALL those assemblies into the GAC.

I'll disagree.

The GAC is a runtime assembly binding construct. It is not used at compile-time: there is no support within the C# compiler or the IDE to reference assemblies located within the GAC. The GAC is only used when running a managed program, to resolve assembly references within that program.

I would suggest using Project References instead of .NET Assembly references.

> After installing the assemblies into the GAC, Am I able to see them in the "references" list?

No.

> I've read somewhere that to enlist my assemblies into the references list I need to create a "package".

That's unrelated.