Android devices with Barcode-scanner Hardware

Android devices with Barcode-scanner Hardware

EaranMaleasi
Hey guys,

I have to look around the web and gather informations about Barcode-scanner devices with Windows Mobile or Android as OS. While Microsoft has an example of how to implement an Barcode scanner in the msdn, i can't find anything for android. I looked up the Android Reference so far, but the only thing i get are the sensors, but each one seems to be specified. So how is it possible to access a physical Barcode Scanner? Motorola MC 40

Re: Android devices with Barcode-scanner Hardware

moljac
Hi

ZebraCrossing library uses device camera and it works really great.
ZebraCrossing is on Component Store and free.
Beware to use only devices with autofocus otherwise results are not great.

regards

Mel

On 20140311 16:11 , EaranMaleasi wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I have to look around the web and gather informations about Barcode-scanner
> devices with Windows Mobile or Android as OS. While Microsoft has an example
> of how to implement an Barcode scanner in the msdn, i can't find anything
> for android. I looked up the Android Reference so far, but the only thing i
> get are the sensors, but each one seems to be specified. So how is it
> possible to access a physical Barcode Scanner?  Motorola MC 40
> <http://www.motorolasolutions.com/XU-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Mobile+Computers/Handheld+Computers/MC40-HC>

Re: Android devices with Barcode-scanner Hardware

EaranMaleasi
i already have a camera scanning system, but i want to use the physical scanner. Well might get an answer when i ask motorola about their device, but surely there are more devices from other manufacturers. I don't want to write code for each device existing.

Re: Android devices with Barcode-scanner Hardware

Gusman
Hi Earan.

This is a supposition, so may be completely wrong ;).

Did you tryed to enumerate the COM ports from the device and read from them when you scan something?

The most usual on devices with integrated hardware is to connect it through virtual COM ports, also, in the datasheet should be some information regarding on how is the device attached.

Cheers.