Quantcast

Could not find schema information for the element 'shape'.

Could not find schema information for the element 'shape'.

ProVid
Hi guys. I am developing a simple android app in vs2012 with Xamarin. The problems is that I have defined a simple xml file to set the background of my textview to a solid color. This is the file:

customborder.xml in my Drawable folder

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<shape xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
     android:shape="rectangle">
  <solid android:color="#DD2ECCFA" />
     <stroke android:width="1dp" android:color="#FFFFFFFF" />
    <corners android:radius="7dp"/>/>
</shape>

I get the following message in vs 2012

Could not find schema information for the element 'shape'. ....\Resources\Drawable\customborder.xml

and a couple of these messages for stroke, solid, corners...

When I run the app on the emulator, it runs ok. but when I publish it and install it on a device it crashes.

I searched a looooooooot, but I couldn't find anything that could help me get rid of these messages.

Any little help will be appreciated.