Quantcast

Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

HSSoftware
With 1.9.2, I have a simple Resources folder structure, but aapt.exe is exiting with a code 1. I believe it is having problems with my Drawable-land and Drawable-port folders. Question 1: Where can I get a better definition of what is making aapt.exe upset? Question 2: What does it no like about my folder/file structure?

Re: Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

Jonathan Pryor-2
On Oct 31, 2011, at 1:08 PM, HSSoftware wrote:
> With 1.9.2, I have a simple Resources folder structure, but aapt.exe is exiting with a code 1. I believe it is having problems with my Drawable-land and Drawable-port folders. Question 1: Where can I get a better definition of what is making aapt.exe upset? Question 2: What does it no like about my folder/file structure?

Could you enable MSBuild verbose output, rebuild, and attach the MSBuild output? Hopefully there is a stack trace or something in the output.

Re: Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

HSSoftware
I would be glad to ... ah ... how do I do that?

http://docs.xamarin.com/android/troubleshooting?highlight=verbose#monodroid.exe_or_aresgen.exe_exited_with_code_1

Re: Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

HSSoftware
Thanks, found my error:

  C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\aapt.exe package -f -M C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\vmvyeffe.t5g\AndroidManifest.xml -J C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\vmvyeffe.t5g -F C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\vmvyeffe.t5g\resources.apk -S C:\Dev\ArtAuth\AAKF\AAKF\obj\Debug\res -I C:\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-8\android.jar
  res\drawable-land\wall landscape.png: Invalid file name: must contain only [a-z0-9_.]
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Novell\Novell.MonoDroid.Common.targets(377,2): error MSB6006: "aapt.exe" exited with code 1.

"aapt.exe exited with code1 " ERROR Explanation

vivek.k
This erroe mainly occurs due to the name of files in your project,check these first..look also the name have symbols and spaces...just correct them to free from these types of errors..

Thank you ,

Regards,

Vivek.K
S N Tech,
INDIA.

Re: Drawable Resource - aapt.exe exited with code 1

spoorthi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: "aapt.exe exited with code1 " ERROR Explanation

heemanshubhalla
i have suffered from this error then i found a solution to this problem that i have posted on my blog with some explanation or reason for this error

 http://geeksprogrammings.blogspot.com/2014/10/adt-bundle-windows-x8664.html