Quantcast

Error "java" existed with code 1

vergatario
Guys,

Not sure if you have seen this error before, but after clean and try to rebuild using VS 2012. I get this. Any ideas, My Android target is 2.2

Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets line 988  column 3

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

Sayed Arian Kooshesh
i'v enever known java ti exist.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM, vergatario <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guys,

Not sure if you have seen this error before, but after clean and try to
rebuild using VS 2012. I get this. Any ideas, My Android target is 2.2

Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets line 988
column 3

Extreme Knowledge is not something for which he programs a computer but for which his computer is programming him.

-Wozniak

  • if my programming advice has helped you, feel free to donate to :

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

Ricardo Romao Soares
Take a look in all your layout files. If any file have any tag wrong.

Some times a edit the file layout wrong and take this message.

On Mar 8, 2013, at 12:02 AM, vergatario <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not sure if you have seen this error before, but after clean and try to rebuild using VS 2012. I get this. Any ideas, My Android target is 2.2
>
> Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets line 988  column 3

Enable diagnostic output. You should see more complete `javac` errors (files, line numbers, etc.) in the diagnostic output.

        http://docs.xamarin.com/guides/android/deployment%2c_testing%2c_and_metrics/diagnostics#1-diagnostic-msbuild-output

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

vergatario
John,

Thanks for the input, I already did, for the MSBuild, i have the output to diagnostic but that's all i get:

 Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets

Line: 988
Column: 3

Of course, i went to that file, viewed it and see if there was something significant to see but i saw nothing that could help.

What else can i try?

Thanks in advance!

Vergatario

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:20:59 -0500
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mono-android] Error "java" existed with code 1
>
> On Mar 8, 2013, at 12:02 AM, vergatario <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Not sure if you have seen this error before, but after clean and try to rebuild using VS 2012. I get this. Any ideas, My Android target is 2.2
> >
> > Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets line 988 column 3
>
> Enable diagnostic output. You should see more complete `javac` errors (files, line numbers, etc.) in the diagnostic output.
>
> http://docs.xamarin.com/guides/android/deployment%2c_testing%2c_and_metrics/diagnostics#1-diagnostic-msbuild-output
>
> - Jon

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

Jonathan Pryor-2
On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:48 AM, Fernando Cordero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the input, I already did, for the MSBuild, i have the output to diagnostic but that's all i get:

If you have diagnostic output, you should have LOTS more output than that.

Look through the output for "javac"; you want to find the javac invocation + command line. Following that should be javac build output, which should contain Java-related errors and warnings.

Xamarin.Android.Common.targets:988 is just the <Javac/> task invocation.

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

vergatario
Got it. thanks !

Fernando Cordero
407-574-1948

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:58:03 -0500
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mono-android] Error "java" existed with code 1
>
> On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:48 AM, Fernando Cordero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks for the input, I already did, for the MSBuild, i have the output to diagnostic but that's all i get:
>
> If you have diagnostic output, you should have LOTS more output than that.
>
> Look through the output for "javac"; you want to find the javac invocation + command line. Following that should be javac build output, which should contain Java-related errors and warnings.
>
> Xamarin.Android.Common.targets:988 is just the <Javac/> task invocation.
>
> - Jon

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

Samus Arin
Wait, you want someone to donate to you for your helpful posts and all's you got to say is "i'v enever known java ti exist."... you gotta be f-in kidding me, i only offer you a punch squarely in the face!

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

Samus Arin
the line ""java" exited with code 1" is from the "Error List" tab, not the "Output" tab.

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

maartjedejonge
vergatario wrote
Guys,

Not sure if you have seen this error before, but after clean and try to rebuild using VS 2012. I get this. Any ideas, My Android target is 2.2

Error 1 "java" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets line 988  column 3

This issue occurred to me when I used Xamarin Android version 4.6.00049. I solved this issue by copying dx.jar from "sdk/build-tools/android-4.2.2/lib/dx.jar" to "sdk/platform-tools/lib/dx.jar" in the Android SDK package.

Re: Error "java" existed with code 1

heemanshubhalla
i have suffered from this error and finally i decided to sit and fix it I have put a blog with some explantion and solution steps on my blog I have put the solution that worked for me

 http://geeksprogrammings.blogspot.com/2014/10/adt-bundle-windows-x8664.html