Quantcast

How to use a ".so" lib?

Ken

How to use a ".so" lib?

Ken
How do I include a .so lib in Monodroid, and how do I "talk" to it, PInvoke?

Here is the lib: http://code.google.com/p/aacplayer-android/

Re: How to use a ".so" lib?

James Bentley

Ken,
I've got an example on how to use a .a file in MonoTouch, which is the exact equivelent of what you're trying to do here with MonoDroid.

Hopefully this is correct in this case, and it helps -

There's a lot of extra crap dealing with compiling you won't have to do here, but the C# calls should be correct anyway.

Thanks!

Jim

> Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:10:16 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [mono-android] How to use a ".so" lib?
>
> How do I include a .so lib in Monodroid, and how do I "talk" to it, PInvoke?
>
> Here is the lib: http://code.google.com/p/aacplayer-android/

Ken

Re: How to use a ".so" lib?

Ken
Hi Jim,

I have use that method in MonoTouch, but I don't se how to use it in MonoDroid.

Thanks anyway!

Re: How to use a ".so" lib?

Mike Kestner
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 14:05 -0700, Ken wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I have use that method in MonoTouch, but I don't se how to use it in
> MonoDroid.
>
> Thanks anyway!

You can pinvoke it, but if it's not a standard android os library, you
have to add the .so to the project as an AndroidNativeLibrary item to
ensure it is packaged properly in the apk.

Mike

Re: How to use a ".so" lib?

Atsushi Eno
Yes, you can use PInvoke. Here you can see how to use it in MfA:
http://mono-android.net/Releases/Previews/Preview_6

I could invoke libopenal32.so in this manner.

Atsushi Eno