MonoDevelop 2.6 beta 2 on Windows7

Wally McClure
I'm getting the following message when I attempt to test a demo app in the emulator using Windows7 32 bit.

Getting the package list location from device

Getting package list from device

Failed to get package list. Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Re: MonoDevelop 2.6 beta 2 on Windows7

Carlos Alberto Cortez
Hello Wally,

What device are you using? It seems it is related to a specific one. The addin is failing to parse the packages info on the device.

Would you mind pasting the contents of either /data/system/packages.xml or /dbdata/system/packages.xml ?

Thanks!
Carlos.

2011/4/21 Wally McClure <[hidden email]>
I'm getting the following message when I attempt to test a demo app in the emulator using Windows7 32 bit.

Getting the package list location from device

Getting package list from device

Failed to get package list. Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Re: MonoDevelop 2.6 beta 2 on Windows7

Wally McClure
I don't seem to have a packages.xml file anywhere on my system.  Should this be another file possibly?

Re: MonoDevelop 2.6 beta 2 on Windows7

Jonathan Pryor
On Apr 21, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Wally McClure wrote:
> I don't seem to have a packages.xml file anywhere on my system.  Should this be another file possibly?

What happens if you do:

        adb shell /system/bin/dumpstate

Does the output contain?

        ------ PACKAGE SETTINGS (/data/system/packages.xml: 2011-04-15 23:25:47) ------
        <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
        <packages>

I'm assuming that will fail.

Furthermore, does the output of this command:

        adb shell /system/bin/dumpsys

contain output that matches the regex:

        "^ Package \["

For example:

        "  Package [Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_8] (40939990): "