Quantcast

No Devices Attached

Narayan Sainaney

I have Xamarin.iOS Business and I’m attempting to build a simple hello world using VS2012. I have the following installed:

Xamarin.iOS 1.8.266 (on Windows)

Xamarin.iOS 7.0.4.171  Hash 2593576 (on Mac)

Apple Developer Tools

XCode 5.0.1 (3335.23) Build 5A2053

I am able to build and run the hello world using Xamarin Studio on the Mac however, once the Visual Studio version of Xamarin.iOS connects to the Build host, I see “No Device Attached” when I select “Debug” “iPhoneSimulator” profile. Also, each time I attempt to run/debug a build, I get an “SDK Out of Date” message. After running the SDK update, there no change to the Devices Attached and I get an SDK Out of Date message again. Xamarin obviously has a list of devices because I get the following error message but can’t select a device for debugging

Error      1              ERROR: Could not find the selected device

Available devices:

iPhone 7.0

iPhone (Retina) 7.0

iPad 7.0

iPad (Retina) 7.0

Try to refresh the device list with the Refresh button

0                     0

When I click the Refresh button, I get the following in Visual Studio’s Mac Logs

Mono.IOS.VisualStudio.MonoTouchPackage Warning: 0 : Initializing Mono.IOS.VisualStudio.MonoTouchPackage

[2013-11-04 23:16:07.1] INFO:Found Xcode, version 5.0.1 (3335.23).

[2013-11-04 23:16:07.7] INFO:Found Xamarin.iOS, version 7.0.4.171.

Mono.IOS.VisualStudio.MonoTouchPackage Error: 0 : Build server returned an Error.

Mono.IOS.VisualStudio.MonoTouchPackage Error: 0 : Missing required login parameter

Re: No Devices Attached

Narayan Sainaney

So the issue was with the Debug configuration and not the Release config. I re-created the project (not easy) and am able to debug now.

Not sure how the configuration got into this state in case anyone else has the problem.

Narayan

Re: No Devices Attached

Ctls_Rajesh
Sorry' I can't help you because i never shown this type of problem.
Classteacher Learning Systems - Google Play Store | iTunes Play Store