Re: Mono for Android Add-in for MonoDevelop Exception during Installation

Re: Mono for Android Add-in for MonoDevelop Exception during Installation

Carlos Alberto Cortez
Hello Wally,

Mono Develop 2.6b2 has been released and includes the updated add-in. It should work fine, and otherwise, let us know.

Thanks,
Carlos.

2011/4/11 Wally McClure <[hidden email]>
Carlos,

Thanks for checking.  I have Mono 2.10.1 installed on all my systems.

Wally

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:51:45 +0200
Subject: Re: [mono-android] Mono for Android Add-in for MonoDevelop Exception during Installation
From: [hidden email]CC: [hidden email]

Hello Wally,

By the way, what version of Mono are you using?

Thanks,
Carlos.

2011/4/10 Carlos Alberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
Hello,

This doesn't seem related to the Mono for Android addin itself -and thus not related to the update neither-, but to the addin routines. We will track this issue down as well, of course.

Carlos.

2011/4/10 Wally McClure <[hidden email]>
same error here.  I'm running on Windows 7 32 bit.  I thought that there was suppossed to be some update that was suppossed to fix this coming "soon."  Anyone know what soon is?  I'm not complaining, just wondering. Smile

Wally

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 21:37:17 -0500

Installed all the baseline required software for MonoDevelop (and SDK’s, etc.). Went to tools, add-ins, gallery. Selected the Mono for Android add-in, received the following exception during installation. This is on Windows 7 64-bit. Tried to remove and run as administrator with the same outcome. Below is the exception message (the returns were lost in copying). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dennis Quebe

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main_iteration()   at Mono.Addins.Gui.InstallMonitor.WaitForCompleted()   at Mono.Addins.Gui.InstallDialog.Install()   at Mono.Addins.Gui.InstallDialog.OnButtonOkClicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)   at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB(Object o, ClosureInvokedArgs args)   at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke(ClosureInvokedArgs args)   at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data)

Re: Mono for Android Add-in for MonoDevelop Exception during Installation

Dennis Quebe

Carlos:

The new beta does have the Mono add-in installed, and I can create solutions using it. There is one error that I receive when creating a solution and it gets to the “Project Features” dialog. It is either when I hover over Packaging or maybe just sitting on that I screen, I receive the following exception. I can ignore this and continue, and the solution seems to work fine.

Thanks.

Dennis Quebe

System.Exception: MSBuild operation failed ---> System.ArgumentException: The project file "C:\Android.Development\AndroidTest1\AndroidTest1\AndroidTest1.csproj" was not found.

   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.Project.Load(String projectFileName, BuildEventContext buildEventContext, ProjectLoadSettings projectLoadSettings)

   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.Project.Load(String projectFileName)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.ProjectBuilder.SetupProject(String configuration, String platform)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.ProjectBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass6.<RunTarget>b__5()

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.ProjectBuilder.STARunner()

Server stack trace:

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.ProjectBuilder.RunSTA(ThreadStart ts)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.ProjectBuilder.RunTarget(String target, String configuration, String platform, ILogWriter logWriter, MSBuildVerbosity verbosity)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.IProjectBuilder.RunTarget(String target, String configuration, String platform, ILogWriter logWriter, MSBuildVerbosity verbosity)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.RemoteProjectBuilder.RunTarget(String target, String configuration, String platform, ILogWriter logWriter, MSBuildVerbosity verbosity)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild.MSBuildProjectHandler.RunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem.OnRunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionEntityItem.OnRunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.DotNetProject.OnRunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.DefaultProjectServiceExtension.RunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, IBuildTarget item, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.ProjectServiceExtension.RunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, IBuildTarget item, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

[...]

   at MonoDevelop.Projects.SolutionItem.RunTarget(IProgressMonitor monitor, String target, ConfigurationSelector configuration)

   at MonoDevelop.MonoDroid.MonoDroidProject.<QueueResgenUpdate>b__14()

   at GLib.Timeout.TimeoutProxy.Handler()