Sqlite error on Android version 4.1/4.2/4.3

Sqlite error on Android version 4.1/4.2/4.3

ssharrock

We have been running an application for a few years with no trouble. Now we find that if our customers have a phone or tablet with the versions 4.1/4.2/4.3, we get an Exception (object reference not set to an instance of an object) from within an Insert SQL command using SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery. The command is constructed properly as seen both from debugging and the fact that the app runs fine on hundreds of other devices with lower version number. Also, the error occurs randomly on different tables and different rows while trying to save the same data to the database.

We’re running Xamarin 4.6 with VS 2010. Is 4.10 likely to change anything?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

was

Re: Sqlite error on Android version 4.1/4.2/4.3

was
Hi Steve,

I have had a couple of Beta testers using Android 4.1 (or later) devices for a few months now with no problems reported. ExecuteNonQuery is used extensively in the app to write/update records to the SQLite db using insert and update commands. I think the app was compiled using mono-android-4.8.03015 and VS2010.

Andrew