Quantcast

Suggestion: GUI to sign Release mode APK file

Suggestion: GUI to sign Release mode APK file

NCSoftware

Hello,

I’d like to see a menu system in VS 2010 that will automate the signing of deployable .APK files.  Whether it’s files for beta testers or the Market Place, I prefer to not have to reference notes on running a command line, finding out where things are installed, etc.  You know the registry locations for the required components to sign an .APK file.  Please create a GUI to ease this process for us all learning the ins/outs of Mono for Android.

I guess an alternate option would be to provide us a post-build script to run in Release mode that would handle the signing?  Multiple ways to do this, just don’t want to do it manually if I can avoid it.

Keep up the great work, just providing feedback on things us newbies need to help abstract the complexity from us.

Neal Culiner

NC Software, Inc.

http://www.nc-software.com

Re: Suggestion: GUI to sign Release mode APK file

Jonathan Pobst
Hey,

This is definitely planned for a future version!

Jonathan

On 4/17/2011 11:01 AM, Neal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’d like to see a menu system in VS 2010 that will automate the signing
> of deployable .APK files. Whether it’s files for beta testers or the
> Market Place, I prefer to not have to reference notes on running a
> command line, finding out where things are installed, etc. You know the
> registry locations for the required components to sign an .APK file.
> Please create a GUI to ease this process for us all learning the
> ins/outs of Mono for Android.
>
> I guess an alternate option would be to provide us a post-build script
> to run in Release mode that would handle the signing? Multiple ways to
> do this, just don’t want to do it manually if I can avoid it.
>
> Keep up the great work, just providing feedback on things us newbies
> need to help abstract the complexity from us.
>
> Neal Culiner
>
> NC Software, Inc.
>
> http://www.nc-software.com <http://www.nc-software.com/>

Re: Suggestion: GUI to sign Release mode APK file

Denis Sellu
Thank you. That would be very awesome. Jonathan, around when do you think it
will be released?