Quantcast

Trial version : "Java Registry Key Not Found" when running

Trial version : "Java Registry Key Not Found" when running

philceg
Hi I've installed the latest trial version in VC2010 Professional.
I've created a basic Android app using "File->New Project"

When I try to run it with "Debug->Start Without Debugging", I get
 - a popup title "Visual Studio" and containing the message "Java Registry Key Not Found"
 - nothing else

I went the settings page and, when I click on "Mono For Android" or it's "Settings" child, the right panel is empty safe for the messafe "An error occured loading this property page"

What I am doing wrong ?
PS: I already have the SDK installed & working for Java projects with Eclipse

Thanks

Re: Trial version : "Java Registry Key Not Found" when running

Jonathan Pobst
We check the following keys for the Java version:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\CurrentVersion
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\CurrentVersion

With the CurrentVersion we find, we look for the path in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\<currentVersion>\JavaHome
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Development
Kit\<currentVersion>\JavaHome

These keys should have been created by the Java SDK installer.  Check
and see if they exist on your system.

Jonathan

On 4/19/2011 2:53 AM, philceg wrote:

> Hi I've installed the latest trial version in VC2010 Professional.
> I've created a basic Android app using "File->New Project"
>
> When I try to run it with "Debug->Start Without Debugging", I get
>   - a popup title "Visual Studio" and containing the message "Java Registry
> Key Not Found"
>   - nothing else
>
> I went the settings page and, when I click on "Mono For Android" or it's
> "Settings" child, the right panel is empty safe for the messafe "An error
> occured loading this property page"
>
> What I am doing wrong ?
> PS: I already have the SDK installed&  working for Java projects with
> Eclipse
>
> Thanks

Re: Trial version : "Java Registry Key Not Found" when running

philceg
That solved it, thanks.
For some reason, my JDKs weren't registered.