Waiting for packaging signing to complete

Waiting for packaging signing to complete

Marcio Alexandroni
Waiting for packaging signing to complete Hi,

Does it really the package signing takes a lot of time? Is there any way to speed it up?

My machine is the latest MacBook, plenty of memory, and the signing takes a lot to complete. I wonder if it would have anything to make it faster...

Marcio Alexandroni

( (+55 11) 9989-8316
 cialogica

Re: Waiting for packaging signing to complete

Mike Kestner
On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 14:55 -0300, Marcio Alexandroni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does it really the package signing takes a lot of time? Is there any
> way to speed it up?
>
> My machine is the latest MacBook, plenty of memory, and the signing
> takes a lot to complete. I wonder if it would have anything to make it
> faster...

I suspect what you are referring to as "package signing" is the
combination of several steps, several of which aren't performed on debug
builds.  One of the big ones there is linking, where we reduce the
packaged code down to what is necessary for your program to run.  This
is a fairly big operation, and is most likely what you are sensing as
extra slowness.

You have some control over the amount of linking that is done via the
project options, but the less linking, the bigger the end product.  We
realize this is a bit of a bottleneck and we intend to improve the
performance of the release build packaging logic in future releases.

--
Mike Kestner <[hidden email]>