Quantcast

auto-update on Windows

Wally McClure
MonoTouch does a great job of notifying users that a new version is up and available for download.  Does Mono for Android do this on Windows with Visual Studio and I missed this?  Do I need to turn something on, flip some knob, or do something?  It would be great if it did.  The machine I am currently working (macbook pro running windows in bootcamp) on didn't have the latest build on it and I just discovered that.  Getting the latest build fixed my problem.

Wally

Re: auto-update on Windows

Jonathan Pobst
It currently does not.  My plan was to use Visual Studio 2010's built-in
extension updates, but I have since found out that they only work for
VSIX's, not MSI's.

Until I get a new one written, the best plan is to watch the mailing
list, where we will continue to announce new releases as they become
available.

Jonathan