install mono on device error

Wally McClure
I'm getting this strange error when I try to install mono on a device.  Hopefully someone has seen it and can point me in the correct direction.  Error:
MonoDroid.InstallFailedException           pkg
/data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MEDIAL_UNAVAIABLE]
at MonoDroid.Adb.Install(Device device String package)
at Novell.MonoDroidVS.DeploymentTasks.InstallSharedRuntimeDevice device, CancellationToken token)

Re: install mono on device error

Jonathan Pobst
I think it means there is not enough free space on the device, nor is
there an SD Card where the runtime can be installed.  (The runtime is
now marked as can be placed in internal memory or the sd card.)

Jonathan

On 7/26/2011 7:25 PM, Wally McClure wrote:

> I'm getting this strange error when I try to install mono on a device.
> Hopefully someone has seen it and can point me in the correct direction.
> Error:
> MonoDroid.InstallFailedException pkg
> /data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk
> Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MEDIAL_UNAVAIABLE]
> at MonoDroid.Adb.Install(Device device String package)
> at Novell.MonoDroidVS.DeploymentTasks.InstallSharedRuntimeDevice device,
> CancellationToken token)

Re: install mono on device error

Wally McClure
Yes, thanks.  I found a SO answer by Jon Pryor that lead me to that as well.  Smile
Problemo solved!

Wally

> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:51:59 -0500

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mono-android] install mono on device error
>
> I think it means there is not enough free space on the device, nor is
> there an SD Card where the runtime can be installed. (The runtime is
> now marked as can be placed in internal memory or the sd card.)
>
> Jonathan
>

> On 7/26/2011 7:25 PM, Wally McClure wrote:
> > I'm getting this strange error when I try to install mono on a device.
> > Hopefully someone has seen it and can point me in the correct direction.
> > Error:
> > MonoDroid.InstallFailedException pkg
> > /data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk
> > Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MEDIAL_UNAVAIABLE]
> > at MonoDroid.Adb.Install(Device device String package)
> > at Novell.MonoDroidVS.DeploymentTasks.InstallSharedRuntimeDevice device,
> > CancellationToken token)

Re: install mono on device error

goodman

Wally McClure <theevilprogrammer@...> writes:

> Yes, thanks.  I found a SO answer by Jon Pryor that lead me to that as
well.  Problemo solved! Wally > Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:51:59 -0500> From:
[hidden email]> To:
[hidden email]> CC:
[hidden email]> Subject: Re:
[mono-android] install mono on device error> > I think it means there is not
enough free space on the device, nor is > there an SD Card where the runtime
can be installed.  (The runtime is > now marked as can be placed in internal
memory or the sd card.)> > Jonathan> > > On 7/26/2011 7:25 PM, Wally McClure
wrote:> > I'm getting this strange error when I try to install mono on a
device.> > Hopefully someone has seen it and can point me in the correct
direction.> > Error:> > MonoDroid.InstallFailedException pkg> >
/data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk> > Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_MEDIAL_UNAVAIABLE]> > at MonoDroid.Adb.Install(Device device
String package)> > at
Novell.MonoDroidVS.DeploymentTasks.InstallSharedRuntimeDevice device,> >
CancellationToken token)> >> >> >

wildfire S get to compile on android

insert micro SD card

do factory reset

set applications- usb debugging = true

set usb cable mode - usb drive / htc synch
voila...program compiles and runs opengles10