monodroid installation for android developers

monodroid installation for android developers

spcware
I am not able to find any manual installation instructions for someone like me that is already a .NET developer and an android developer.  In other words, I already have the JDK, Android SDK, and VS2010 installed.  What else do I need to get started with monodroid?  I don't want to install the integrated monodroid installer as that might install duplicates of these things which are unnecessary.  Can I just install the VS2010 plugin, perhaps?

Re: monodroid installation for android developers

Jonathan Pryor-2
On Apr 3, 2012, at 11:27 AM, spcware wrote:
> I am not able to find any manual installation instructions for someone like me that is already a .NET developer and an android developer.

It was cumbersome. :-)

Here's an older version of the installation instructions before we had the unified installer (warning: may have bitrotten...):

        http://android.xamarin.com/index.php?title=Installation/Visual_Studio&revision=26

If you have the JDK and Android SDK installed, all you should need to do is install the Mono for Android SDK and configure your emulators. Presumably you've already configured emulators if you're an Android/Java developer, so that leaves the Mono for Android SDK installation.

You can download the Mono for Android SDK installer from:

        https://store.xamarin.com/account/products

Re: monodroid installation for android developers

heemanshubhalla
Here is simple step by step link for how to install monoandroid in visual studio

http://geeksprogrammings.blogspot.com/2014/07/install-monoandroid-visual-studio-2012.html